awb

Alicia Wright Brewster

Bear with me here. I haven't figured out this BookLikes thing yet.

Steelheart
Brandon Sanderson
Redshirts: A Novel with Three Codas
John Scalzi, Wil Wheaton
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
Stephen King
A Princess of Mars (Barsoom, #1)
Edgar Rice Burroughs
Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)
Brandon Sanderson
Olympus Confidential (Plato Jones #2)
Robert B. Warren
Smashwords Style Guide - Mark Coker I don't have much to say about this book. It served a purpose.

For various reasons (e.g., to avoid viruses and to ensure that certain book requirements are met), Smashwords uses proprietary software to convert Word documents into ebooks. If you want to use Smashwords's distribution channels, you have to submit your book in Word format for Smashwords to process internally. I now feel equipped to deal with the little eccentricities in Smashwords's software. I highly recommend this read for anyone seriously considering using Smashwords to publish an ebook.

I was pleased to find that the author lightened the lesson a bit with some jokes here and there. The book was packed with information and not too difficult to stomach.

On the downside, there are a couple of useful tips, such as how to create page breaks that are preserved during the Smashwords conversion, that aren't in this book. (No, Ctrl-Enter will not do the trick.) I had to find this information from other sources.