awb

Alicia Wright Brewster

Bear with me here. I haven't figured out this BookLikes thing yet.

Steelheart
Brandon Sanderson
Redshirts: A Novel with Three Codas
John Scalzi, Wil Wheaton
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
Stephen King
A Princess of Mars (Barsoom, #1)
Edgar Rice Burroughs
Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)
Brandon Sanderson
Olympus Confidential (Plato Jones #2)
Robert B. Warren
Easy - Tammara Webber This is the first romance book I've ever considered a favorite. See, I'm putting it on my favorites shelf along with Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Mistborn, Game of Thrones, and others. It looks a bit out of place on that shelf, but that's where it belongs.

I loved this book. I loved it so much. It's a story of two broken people who come together to save each other. It showcases healthy relationships and unhealthy relationships, and the healthy ones win out. It's a story of healing and empowerment.

Did I mention how hot Lucas is?

Lucas is really freaking hot. I mean, I'd totally swap my husband out for him for a night or two read more books about him if they existed. With the hair, and the tattoos, and the eyes. And the way he not only protects his woman personally, but also empowers her to protect herself. Give me a moment while I swoon . . .

Hold on. I'm not done yet . . .

That's enough for now. Anyway, I can see myself rereading this book in the future. And I've already added a collection of other contemporary romances to my to-read list because I need to experience more of this.