awb

Alicia Wright Brewster

Bear with me here. I haven't figured out this BookLikes thing yet.

Steelheart
Brandon Sanderson
Redshirts: A Novel with Three Codas
John Scalzi, Wil Wheaton
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
Stephen King
A Princess of Mars (Barsoom, #1)
Edgar Rice Burroughs
Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)
Brandon Sanderson
Olympus Confidential (Plato Jones #2)
Robert B. Warren
Hyde (Hyde, #1) - Lauren Stewart I can't recall the last time I was this into a book. Wow, this was awesome. This may be my favorite book that I've read so far this year--definitely top two, maybe top one. There's so much originality in this book. It was like a breath of fresh air with respect to paranormal romance.

We have Mitch and we have Eden. And as you can guess from the title, at least one of them has a little Jekyll/Hyde problem. They both have strong, well-defined personalities. Immediately, they don't like each other. At the same time, I immediately wanted them to suck it up and fall in love.

The writing was great. Most notably, phenomenal sex scenes! (I'll have to go back and reread those scenes.)

The Clinic is toying with their lives--doing some sort of experimentation with them. Mitch and Eden don't know who they can trust; they certainly can't trust each other . . . since they hate each other and all. Yet, they are inexplicably drawn to each other. The Jekyll/Hyde transformations just make things more complicated, and it looks like some murders may have been committed by a Hyde.

And in the midst of all that, there's a romance brewing, and I was completely invested in it. I was interested every step of the way, and I can't wait for the second book.