awb

Alicia Wright Brewster

Bear with me here. I haven't figured out this BookLikes thing yet.

Steelheart
Brandon Sanderson
Redshirts: A Novel with Three Codas
John Scalzi, Wil Wheaton
On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft
Stephen King
A Princess of Mars (Barsoom, #1)
Edgar Rice Burroughs
Steelheart (Reckoners, #1)
Brandon Sanderson
Olympus Confidential (Plato Jones #2)
Robert B. Warren
Moonglow - Kristen Callihan I admit it: My favorite scenes of this book were the love scenes. They were long, sexy, and just explicit enough. I also loved Daisy, who was a great combination of sweet and strong. I appreciate that the author gave me a new protagonist who was so unlike the protagonist in the first book but just as lovable.

Sadly, it took me about 35% into the book before I appreciated Ian Ranulf as the love interest. In the first book of this series, Ian was painted as a bad guy—someone standing between the two main characters. And then, all of sudden, in this book, I'm supposed to just forgive all of that. Ian has regrets about how he behaved toward Miranda and Archer; he "wasn't himself." I found this difficult to swallow and thus had a hard time liking him early in the book. I did, however, learn to like him eventually as his fun, tormented, and intense personality became more apparent.

The plot is nice; I didn't love it or hate it. A werewolf was killing ladies who shared a similar scent. The werewolf attacks toward the beginning of the book were interesting. I was less interested in the ongoing search for the werewolf. And the big reveal at the end—about why the werewolf attacked these ladies—was a bit of a let-down for me. I just wanted there to me to it than there was.

I look forward to the next book in the series, but not with as much enthusiasm as I looked forward to reading this one after Firelight.